Preparing for What’s Ahead: “Forgiveness: The High Road”
One of the toughest and yet most rewarding things we will ever be called to do in this life is to forgive those who have hurt us. We are never more like Jesus than when we are forgiving! What are the elements involved in forgiveness, and how do we know that we are serious about forgiveness?
- Unwillingness to forgive is a dead-end
- Involve as few people as possible in the offense Genesis 45:1
- Put the offender(s) at ease in your presence Genesis 45:4
- Make it possible for your offender to forgive themselves. Genesis 45:5-8
- Resist the temptation to ___________________________ Genesis 45:9
- Do not focus on ______________, but _________________ v. Genesis 45:10